Sunday 11 August 2013

Sut and Wine Korean BBQ restaurant @ Boxhill, Melbourne

Sut and Wine Korean restaurant is a slightly higher class version of Korean BBQ restaurant situated in Boxhill.. I like this place cause of the environment, considerably consistent service (it depends where you are seated, once I was seated at this obscure corner, hence the service wasn't as attentive as I would have hoped) and just a nice comfortable place to sit and relax after a complete meal.. it is definitely not as smoky/smelly as other Korean BBQ areas. . hence why I like it... usually, after a Korean BBQ, I just have this feeling that I stink! But the ventilation provided in this restaurant is surprisingly good (refer to picture below).


IMG_2718[1]

I love their pickled radish! so fresh, with just the right balance of vinegar and sugar, such a refreshing piece of vegetable! it serves as a good mouth cleanser after each dish as well!
IMG_2714[1]
Pickled white radish
This time, their kimchi seem to have a slight fishy taste to it. I can't quite pinpoint as to what was the ingredient that was causing this fishy taste.. but I suspect its oysters??? I am not too sure, any Korean Locals out there that know the answer to this, please let me know!
IMG_2716[1]
Kimchi
N I love their mash potato with black sesame seed as well! what an interesting and delicious combination. Gonna try making this when I get the chance. Well seasoned. YUMMY!
IMG_2715[1]
Mash potatoes
We had the sizzling beef bulgogi (not the stone grill which cost AUD 34.90).. This dish was well prepared, clean, tasty.... but I won't say it's the best bulgogi I have ever tasted. But definitely try it. (Note: I didn't like the raw enoki mushrooms on top, tasted bitter!)
IMG_2723[1]
Beef Bulgogi (AUD 17.90)
Jap Chae.. good.. but then again, I have never tasted a bad jap chae! To me, I am a die hard fan of Jap chae.. I can eat it everyday! Loved the noodles.. the clean sesame oil taste and what not. LOVE! But I would suggest that they use the softer parts of the cabbage!
IMG_2719[1]
Jap Chae (AUD 17.90)
And last but not least, a bowl of piping hot beef ribs soup... it definitely can't be compared to a Malaysian style soup eg Bak Kut Teh.. this was clear and pleasant tasting .. having said that, in my opinion, this might not be a crowd pleaser!
IMG_2721[1]
Beef ribs soup (AUD 16.90)
During this occasion, I did not order anything BBQ related.. but I absolutely love their stone grilled meat (although it does take quite awhile to cook!)... they have a good selection of meat and seafood for the charcoal style BBQ.. but I wasn't craving that this particular night.

IMG_2717[1]

IMG_2712[1]
Ratings: 
Ambience: 6/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 5/10
Food: 6/10
Overall ratings: 6.5/10

Verdict: Definitely try this place out! Slightly more expensive than Yami Yami and Korean BBQ restaurant round the corner.. but the ambience here makes up for it! Note: If possible, make a reservation before going, to prevent disappointment... this place could potentially be fully booked for both seating!

Address: 970-972 Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill VIC 3128
Contact Number: 03 9899 5900

No comments:

Post a Comment